Friday 31 May 2013

Back to the past

I had this dream last night

Somehow I traveled through time, back to the middle ages (exact time unspecified). Luckily, as I wandered through a village there was a family who agreed to take me in. They found me curious enough - what with my strange clothes and funny ways and talk of being from the future - to let me stay with them awhile. Now, there were lots and lots of historical anachronisms in this dream, but I'll just glaze over those. What was interesting was the ethical dilemma I felt: I really wanted to tell them all about the future, but if I did that I would forever alter the course of time! The temptation was too much, however, as I whispered in one person's ear, "there is no edge to the world" and told another group how there are devastating world wars in the future where tens of millions of people die. Really my self-control was terrible - I must have left them in quite the tizzy.


No comments:

Post a Comment